Pizza for breakfast?? We'll take 2 slices, please! Try this twist on pizza with both a breakfast list of ingredients and heirloom tomatoes.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 oz Organic Blended Heirloom Tomatoes Recommended: Pink Oxheart, Purple Cherokee or Orange Strawberry
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 11 inch flatbread Recommended: lavash or pizza flatbread
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp and set aside. Keep bacon fat and cook in onions until semi-browned. Add in oregano and garlic and cook one more minute. In another pan, cook Organic Blended Heirloom Tomatoes until reduced.
Brush flatbread with olive oil and reduced Organic Blended Heirloom Tomatoes. Spread onion mixture, bacon, provolone and ricotta. Place the pizza in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until a light brown.
While pizza cooks, cook eggs over medium in the same skillet. Remove and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the pizza from oven, and place the eggs and basil leaves on top. Slice and serve with your favorite toppings. Pairs well with fresh coffee or orange juice!